Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Summer Goals Established.

Well friends I have established two amazing goals for the summer.

Goal One. 
Maintain this blog. I want to share with you my trials and tribulations as a modern day circuit rider with the Appalachian Service Project.

Goal Two (and this is important)
Educate myself on the genre of horror. This will include watching the top 25 horror movies of all times, as established by the 2010 IGN movies list. Starting at the bottom of the list and working my way from 25 to 1.

The List.
25- Friday the 13th (1980)
24-Scream
23- Dracula (1931)
22- The Haunting
21- The Blair Witch Project
20- Suspria
19- Let the right one in
18- An American werewolf in London
17- Dawn of the Dead (1978)
16- A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
15- The Thing
14- The Fly
13- Poltergeist
12- The Ring
11- Halloween
10- Night of the Living Dead
9- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
8- Rosemary's Baby
7- Bride of Frankenstein
6- The Shining
5- Silence of the Lambs
4- Alien
3- Jaws
2- Psycho
1- The Exorcist

Sadly, I have only seen The Ring and Jaws, so I have my work cut out for me. This was brought on by a recent finals week viewing of the two Paranormal Activity movies. Hopefully I come back a little bit wiser, a whole lot stronger, and able to sleep in rooms alone. Since I do not fully know how ASP will play out I am giving myself until the end of August to complete this list. This means Candler friends be prepared to watch some horror movies with me.

I am still accepting sub-goals. I have many books to read, I paid for them and I might as well.

Brothers and Sisters, Pray for me that I might better understand the Scriptures.

1 comment: